Summers are truly something to love in Park City, Utah, but it sure is fun when the snow starts to fly! Over the last 48 hours, Park City has been gifted a healthy dump of snow, and the prediction is for feet of accumulation by tomorrow morning! Now, that is great news for snow spot enthusiasts everywhere! In order to prepare you for the upcoming ski season in Park City, here is a list of five things to know as you plan your ski holiday in the beautiful Wasatch Mountains!
1) Getting To Park City, and on to the slopes has never been easier! Did you know that Park City is only a short 35 minute drive from Salt Lake International Airport? How amazing is that? Salt Lake International host seven airlines and their affiliates and run 626 scheduled flight daily with non-stop service to more than 90 cities. You can hop on a plane from almost anywhere in the United States in the morning, and be swishing through famous Utah powder in the afternoon. Although there are numerous car rental services available at the airport, you really don;t need a car in Park City. You may choose to use one of the many shuttle services that are available to whisk you up in to the mountains and to your luxury vacation rental. Once you’re in Park City, the free public transportation system is a breeze, and can deliver you to any of our three award winning resorts, dining and shopping.
2) Ski Free on the Day You Travel! How cool is this; present your boarding pass to any of the three ski resorts in Park City the same day you travel and you’ll receive a free lift pass for that day! You can wake up in the morning in LA and be carving perfect “s” turns on the slopes all in the same day! I mean, really, where else can you get that deal?
3) We have Three Award Winning Resorts in Park City! Ski Magazine has bestowed a grundle of awards on our three Park City ski resorts this year, and we’re as proud as can be! Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley and Canyons Resort were all named in the top top ski resorts in North America! Deer Valley was ranked #2, while PCMR took the #4 slot and Canyons followed up with the #10 position. A trip to Park City means you can ski three of Ski Magazine’s top 10 resorts all in one trip! Check that off your bucket list!
4) Powder isn’t just for skiing. Yes, Utah and Park City has the Greatest Snow on Earth, and yes, it is amazing to ski or ride after a fresh dump of the good stuff. However, you may want to try some of the other fun and family friendly activities offered in the Park City area during your winter vacation. Park City is a mecca for snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and dog sledding too! Whether you stay in the pristine Wasatch Mountains, or head about 20 minutes outside of Park City to the rugged and breathtakingly beautiful Uinta Mountains, you’ll find a bevy of winter fun just waiting to be had. Be sure to let your vacation rental concierge help you set up a few off-slope activities during your time in Park City!
5) Timing is Everything! Indeed, Park City is a popular place to visit during holidays like Christmas and President’s Day, and certainly Sundance draws plane-loads of New York and Southern California types to our little ski town, but, if you can plan your trip out during one of the slower times during winter, you’ll be treated to a quieter town, fewer vacationers, and perhaps even lower vacation rental rates on your luxury ski home! We love the holidays here too – but a trip to Park City is a treat any time of year!
About Jim Bizily
I am an outdoor enthusiast, parent of two awesome boys, and Property Manager in beautiful Park City, Utah. After years in engineering and entrepreneurial projects, I decided to move to Park City Utah to start a business managing lodging and vacation rentals.
No related posts.