When thinking of Park City, one often immediately thinks action packed activities given the geographic location and our three excellent ski resorts. We do not disagree with our reputation is a wonderful outdoor recreation destination; however, Park City is so much more. It is an area filled with all sorts of art and culture.
The Egyptian Theatre is a historically significant building and is considered a community asset. At the Theatre, you can experience high quality entertainment within a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Shows slated for the summer schedule include:
• Alice in Wonderland – May 15-16
• An Evening with Judy Collins – May 21-24
• David Lindley – May 29-30
• Stand Up Comedy – June 5-6
• The Foreigner June 11-14
• A Tribute to John Denver – June 26-27
• West Side Story – July 3-26
• An Evening with Leo Kottke – Aug. 7-9
• Chubby Checker and the Wildcats – Aug. 12-16
• They’re Playing Our Song – Aug. 20-23
• BJ Thomas – Aug 27-29
• Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels – Sept 11-12
• Famous and Infamous History Lives – Sept 18-19
• Thriller by Odyssey Dance Theatre – Sept 25 Oct. 11
Utah Symphony and Opera Deer Valley Music Festival
One of the premier events of the summer season is the highly respected Utah Symphony and Opera Deer Valley Music Festival. You can enjoy classic and modern favorites at several venues throughout the area. Some festival highlights include:
• Patriotic Pops with Bravo Broadway – July 4 at Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater
• Mozart and Mendelssohn – July 8 at St. Mary’s Church
• Big Bad Voodoo Daddy with the Utah Symphony – July 10 At Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater
• Smokey Robinson With the Utah Symphony – July 11 at Deer Valley Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater
For more Festival concerts and information visit: http://www.deervalleymusicfestival.org/concerts
More than 30 art galleries call Park City home, including those of world-renown photographers and artists. The Kimball Art Center is a highlight of all the area galleries. It features a many different artists on display within its galleries.
The Park City Gallery Stroll is held the last Friday of each month. This free event will let you visit participating galleries, view great artwork and enjoy light refreshments.
The staff at Park City Rental Vacations can help you with any information about these and other cultural events and happenings in the Park City area. They can even help you secure tickets and reservations for your favorites!