Deer Valley Resort Winter Operations Begin on December 5th!
Deer Valley is leaving no stone unturned when it comes to the safety of their guest and are making every effort to operate as safely as possible to help keep guests and staff safe during this pandemic.
They have spent countless hours working hand in hand with the Summit County Health Department, while also following guidelines of the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and State of Utah.
Deer Valley Resort will be welcoming guests on opening day, currently scheduled for Saturday, December 5, 2020, and they are looking forward to providing you with the chance to recreate on their world-class slopes!
Their preparations for this winter season are based on the current guidelines issued by the Summit County Health Department, the State of Utah, and the CDC, and they will remain fluid and adjust as needed to meet any new or changing situations and/or guidelines.
Here is an outline of what Winter operations will entail:
- While on Deer Valley property, MASKS or FACE COVERINGS are REQUIRED when waiting in line, interacting with Deer Valley staff, riding, loading, and unloading chairlifts, and at all times indoors (unless actively eating or drinking while seated at a table). Please note: As per a Summit County Public Health Order, single-layer face coverings that can be seen through (such as buffs), and face coverings with two-way valves are not approved. N-95 or KN-95 masks with valves are approved for use. For additional information on Summit County’s Public Health Order and approved face coverings, please inquire with the Park City Rental Properties concierge team. Guests unwilling to comply with the Summit County Order and Deer Valley guidelines will be asked to leave Deer Valley property.
- At this time, reservations are not required for Deer Valley Season, Ikon Pass, or Ikon Base Pass holders to ski Deer Valley.
- They will further limit their daily winter guest capacity to provide a quality ski experience and to provide space for guests to physically distance at both indoor and outdoor gathering points. On-mountain guest capacity will be based on local health regulations and conditions at the time. The projected capacity limit will not be announced to the public, as they need to be flexible and continuously monitor their spaces and experiences. Deer Valley will closely monitor advance purchase lift tickets and other undated products in an effort to limit on-mountain capacity, especially during holiday and peak periods. As previously announced, both Deer Valley Season and Ikon Pass holders will not be required to make reservations at this time.
- Deer Valley’s lift policy limits chairlift occupancy to people from the same guest party; two willing individuals or staff, not from the same party, seated on opposite sides of a quad chairlift; or one individual guest per triple, double, or gondola cabin
- Online advance daily lift ticket sales launched on October 12th. They strongly encourage guests who do not have a Deer Valley Season, Ikon, or Ikon Base Pass to purchase lift tickets well in advance of their planned visit to avoid disappointment. Lift tickets should also be purchased in advance if you are making any Ski School reservations. Purchasing in advance also guarantees that you will receive the best available rate for your lift tickets.
- Daily lift tickets will not be sold day of, on-site at Deer Valley. Skier capacities will be controlled via the sale of daily tickets and advance sales may be closed based on our anticipated visitation, especially during holiday periods. They have stopped selling any un-dated daily lift ticket products, so Flex tickets and Locals Only Passes are not currently available.
- Day and evening dining will look quite different this winter, with tables placed to allow for physical distancing as required by current health orders, requiring them to lessen capacities in the restaurants. Full-service breakfast will be served at Snow Park Lodge as well as a la carte options and quick grab and go breakfast items. Silver Lake and Empire Canyon Lodges will have grab and go coffee and pastries available for breakfast. The day lodges will operate as full-service restaurants with table service and a full bar will be offered for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to close. However, these restaurants, except for Grab and Go, will ONLY be available with advance reservations. No walk-ins or non-dining guests will be allowed in the restaurants at any time.
- Daytime Grab and Go options will also be offered from tents placed on outdoor decks. Decks without tents will feature fire pits and heaters.
- Advance reservations are required for evening dining, and evening dining reservations will launch on November 5. More information will follow regarding how to make day restaurant reservations.
- Ski School lesson offerings have changed substantially for this winter season and advance reservations are essential for all lessons, as well as ski rentals. Please contact Deer Valley directly with any questions.
Park City Rental Properties
Book your ultimate Deer Valley Getaway today! Our local vacation specialists are standing by and ready to help you find the ideal Deer Valley accommodations. We follow the strictest of CDC Clean and Disinfect guidelines to give you peace of mind in your home away from home. Start your vacation rental search now and don’t forget to take advantage of our concierge services. Our local team will help you find the adventure you crave.